Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Building a Business One Day at a Time

Sometimes, life expands to fill every single moment. Parenting, work, relationships, traffic jams; they all conspire to reduce the time you have to focus on your own business.

Happens to me all the time. It happened again today.

Plans go out of the window, you drift off the subject of building your customer base or your team. What happens next is up to you.

Today I was proud of myself. Despite all the temptations to just put my feet up and take a well-earned break after 13 hours of parenting, commuting, paid employment and shopping for essentials, I got changed into Kleeneze polo shirt and jeans, put on the woolly hat and waterproof coat, and delivered catalogues for 90 minutes.

You can only lead by example. "Do what I say, not what I do" is not an option in an army of volunteers looking for generals.

When my team says to me, "I can't do this, I'm too tired." I can help them go that extra mile. Literally. As Lao Tzu says, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Kleeneze distributors are proving that each and every day. Well done, all of you.

No comments: